A challenge: Using all my art things
I have recently been gifted new shelves for my studio, and before they arrive, I need to sort through all my art things, throw some stuff out (or donate it), and put the rest in boxes until it can be sorted into its new home.
It is really difficult to throw away art supplies, but it also isn't easy to explain when there are tons of things lying around that aren't being used anymore. I have therefore promised myself to use everything I have lying around, to make sure that I did not keep it unnecessarily.
I will keep track on the blog when I use something new, and link back to this post. Eventually, I would like to have a list of ideas of what to do with everything I own. (And a catalogue of what not to buy anymore.)
It is really difficult to throw away art supplies, but it also isn't easy to explain when there are tons of things lying around that aren't being used anymore. I have therefore promised myself to use everything I have lying around, to make sure that I did not keep it unnecessarily.
I will keep track on the blog when I use something new, and link back to this post. Eventually, I would like to have a list of ideas of what to do with everything I own. (And a catalogue of what not to buy anymore.)
Paper
Sketchbook
- Handbook Travelogue (these are my normal art journals, so they are in use)
- one from my art store
- 2 in A4
- 1 in A3
- pink pig
Sketching
- toned paper (in A4, and >A3)
- Canson XL (square)
- Fabriano A4
- boesner Grand Bloc
- Canson Recycled
Drawing
- Lana Dessin (in several sizes)
- Canson XL Bristol
- Canson XL Noir
- Fabriano A4
- Arches
- dorée
Watercolour
- guardi artistico
- Arches
- Canson Mixed Media
- Canson Montval (a lot)
- boesner Grand Bloc
- Langton
- Hahnemühle
- Clairefontaine etival
Pastel
- pastel block
Oils & Acrylics
- Canvas Pads
Pencils
Graphite
- Faber Castell 9000
- Derwent Graphic
- Koh-i-Noor progresso
- Royal Langnickel graphite set
Monochrome
- Koh-i-Noor Red Chalk
- Faber Castell Pitt Monochrome, esp. Pitt Oil Base
- Derwent Tinted Charcoal
Coloured Pencils
- Koh-i-Noor Progresso (Coloured)
- Faber Castell Polychromos
- Derwent Coloursoft
- Derwent Artist's
- Derwent Drawing
- Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor grey set
Pastel Pencils
- Koh-i-Noor Gioconda
- Faber Castell Pitt Pastell
Watersoluble
- Faber Castell Albrecht Dürer (Watercolour)
- Derwent Inktense (pencils and blocks)
- Faber Castell Graphite Acquarelle
- Derwent Graphitint
Pens
- Sakura Microns (full set in Black, some other colours)
- Staedtler pigment liners
- brown Copic Multiliners
- a Faber Castell Ecco Pigment Liner in 0.2
- Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens (random)
Paints
Watercolour
- Winsor & Newton Cotman travel set
- White Nights
- Schmincke Horadam Aquarell
- a school set (Pelikan)
- Kuretake Starry Colours (gold and silver paints)
Gouache
- Royal & Langnickel
- Linel Designer's Gouache
- a school set of pans
Oils
- Louvre
- Winton
- a painting medium
Acrylics
- Art Creation (hobby brand)
Pastels
- Koh-i-Noor Gioconda (hard)
- Koh-i-Noor Toison d'Or soft
- Koh-i-Noor Toison d'Or extra soft
Oil Pastels
- FaberCastell
- a hobby brand (Kunst)
- another hobby brand ("R"?)
Other
- Washi Tape, tons of it
- a 'Wreck this Journal'
- glitter
- some ink bottles, two nib holders, several nibs, and Koh-i-Noor technical drawing ink
- several Colouring Books
- modelling paste and modelling tools


No comments